Health Tip posted by Kyle Steele July 31, 2011
References: American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2011. Atlanta, Ga: American Cancer Society; 2011.
Take control of your health and reduce your cancer risk.
- Stay away from tobacco.
- Stay at a healthy weight.
- Get moving with regular physical activity.
- Eat healthy with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Limit how much alcohol you drink (if you drink at all).
- Protect your skin.
- Know yourself, your family history, and your risks.
- Have regular check-ups and cancer screening tests.
- For information on how to reduce your cancer risk and other questions about cancer, please call The American Cancer Society anytime, day or night, at 1-800-227-2345 or visit online at www.cancer.org.